2012-2013 Massachusetts Hockey Program of the Year
2011-2012 Yankee Conference Program of the Year
2008-2009 South Shore Conference Program of the Year
30-Day Free Trial to LiveBarn
For a limited time, LiveBarn is offering a 30-day free trial to NEW subscribers at all FMC Rinks! Stream unlimited Live and On Demand video from any LiveBarn venue, including all FMC Rinks, at absolutely no cost.
To take advantage of this temporary offer, copy the below promo code...
… then click here and paste the code into the "Promotion Code (optional)" box. Choose any plan you'd like to have after the free trial expires. If you cancel before 30 days you will not be charged. This promotion will be valid until December 10.
If you're a current LiveBarn subscriber, please share this with a grandparent, family member or friend who would be interested. For a full list of LiveBarn venues,click here.
and use "Free 30 Days of LiveBarn!" in the subject line.
The Brewins Board is currently in the process of developing a policy regarding the possession of vape products (e-cigarettes) in locker rooms or at team events. We anticipate finalizing the policy in November. In the interim, players are strictly prohibited from possessing and/or using any vaping and/or e-cigarette products in locker rooms or at team events. This includes before, during, and after games and practices. This policy also applies to alcohol, drugs, or tobacco.
Brewins Youth Hockey is taking this public health threat very seriously and is approaching it with a zero-tolerance policy. Players found utilizing or possessing such materials at any team event will be suspended immediately from games and practices, pending a hearing with the Brewins board.
We also remind our players that are currently or plan to be high school athletes of the MIAA rules on this subject. MIAA rules prohibit students from possessing any alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products (including cigarettes and vaping products). Any student violating this MIAA rule is ineligible for 25% of their high school season for the first offense.
Below is the SSC Rule 19. It is required that each family reads this rule and understands it. If you have any questions please let us know.
Brewins Youth Hockey
The member towns and coach of each team are responsible for the behavior of the spectators from their town. If the spectators get unruly or abusive during the game, it is up to the direction of the referee to stop the game and determine who is at fault. If it can be determined whom or what town is at fault, they shall forfeit the game. If it cannot be determined who is at fault or it is unsafe to continue the game, it will be stopped and the Disciplinary Committee will make a decision.
1. The South Shore Conference will establish a discipline committee to investigate and conduct a hearing if appropriate, concerning any major incident involving spectator or parent. An officer of the SSC will chair the Discipline Committee. The discipline committee will be comprised of three members of the Executive Board and two Program Directors on a rotating monthly basis.
2. A major incident shall be defined as, but not limited to, the use of obscene or vulgar language, verbal: physical abuse, taunting of players, coaches, officials and throwing of objects in the viewing area, team benches, or ice surface, etc.
3. When a major incident on the ice rink property used by the SSC involving a parent or spectator is brought to the attention of the SSC Executive Board by rink officials, ice officials(referee or timekeepers), incident reports or other programs, the affected programs will be notified by the SSC President or designee.
4. The program(s) will have 48 hours to respond with recommendation for discipline to the chairperson of the Disciplinary Committee. The program will identify everyone involved. If the program’s action is deemed acceptable, no further action shall be taken. If the chairperson of the Discipline Committee deems the program’s recommendation unacceptable and/or inadequate, the individuals involved will immediately be suspended from all SSC activities until the incident is resolved. The Discipline Committee shall convene to investigate the incident and to hold a hearing within one week. All parties involved in the major incident shall attend the discipline hearing.
5. Annually prior to the start of the hockey season, each program will be responsible for sending written or electronic notice to the membership advising them of RULE #19, a copy of the letter will be submitted to the South Shore Conference President no later that the September directors meeting
Brewins Organization Featured in USA Hockey Article
The Taunton Brewins featured in an article by USA Hockey!!!
The article, titled "Brewins Youth Hockey Moving Forward with American Development Model" written by Stephen Kerr, highlights how the Taunton Brewins are transitioning to the American Development Model (ADM) which highlights age-specific training and is the model that is endorsed not only by USA Hockey but is being used by many other sports organizations.